In Need of a Criminal Defense Lawyer In La Plata?
La Plata is a small town situated in southern Maryland. It is the county seat of the affluent Charles County, and is a part of the Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The town derives its name from Colonel Samuel Chapman, whose family is said to have owned a large portion of land in southern Maryland, including the future community of La Plata. The town was finally incorporated in 1888.
La Plata, one of the state’s smaller communities, is only an estimated 7.45 square miles. The town is home to nearly 9,000 people, and has a median resident age of 38.4 years – slightly older than the Maryland median age. The town and the rest of Charles County are considered to be more affluent than other communities in the state, with a median household income of $92,486.
However, La Plata also has more people living below the poverty level than the state of Maryland average, with 10.2% living below the line.
Industries and Jobs
La Plata’s access to major cities, like Washington and Baltimore, in addition to access to Alexandria and Arlington, makes the city home to many government and military employees. Many residents commute to either the capital or Baltimore for work, including Naval Air Station Patuxent River and Andrews Air Force Base. The town, having recently gone through a reconstruction, is also a thriving commercial center, with many businesses setting up office space.
Due to its location and proximity to bustling metro areas, many drivers regularly populate the state roadways. Residents in the community and other surrounding areas may encounter a situation involving one or more driving offenses.
Driving Offenses in La Plata
With so many drivers on the roadway, it’s no wonder that driving offenses are considered the most frequent run-in with law enforcement. As highway patrol and police officers enforce the laws on the road, including driving under the influence in Washington D.C., fleeing or eluding police, reckless driving, or driving without a license, drivers face the risk of heavy fines. Recurring violations often result in the revocation of a driver’s license, driving privileges, or a jail sentence.
Our La Plata, MD criminal lawyers have helped people who were suspected or accused of committing:
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Traffic Offenses, such as driving under the influence, or texting and cellphone violations
Contact Our Lotze Mosley, LLP Criminal Defense Law Firm in La Plata, MD For Free Consultation
If you or someone you know has been charged with a DUI or has been implicated in another driving-related offense, it is imperative that you retain adequate legal representation. The experienced La Plata, MD criminal defense attorneys at Lotze Mosely are a team that specializes in cases regarding driving infractions. We offer an initial consultation to discuss your case.
Directions to Washington DC Criminal Attorneys from La Plata, MD
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
La Plata, MD
Total Est. Time: 19 mins
Total Est. Distance: 6.8 mi
- Head south on Kent Ave toward Charles St
- Turn right onto Charles St
- Turn right onto US-301 N
- Take Middletown Rd and MD-228 W/Berry Rd to MD-210 N in Accokeek
- Turn left onto Turkey Hill Rd
- Continue onto Middletown Rd
- At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit and stay on Middletown Rd
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto MD-228 W/Berry Rd
- Continue on MD-210 N. Take I-295 N to 2nd St NW in Washington. Take exit 9 from I-395 N
- Use any lane to turn slightly right onto MD-210 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the I-95 N/I-495 N ramp to Baltimore
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-295 N
- Continue onto I-295 N
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit toward Interstate 395/Interstate 695/Downtown
- Continue onto I-695 W
- Take the exit onto I-395 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 9 toward 2nd St NW
- Take E St NW to 7th St NW
- Continue onto 2nd St NW
- Turn left onto E St NW
- Turn left onto 7th St NW
Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
400 7th St NW #206
Washington, DC 20004
- What is the Difference Between Criminal Confinement Kidnapping
- Can Text Messages Be Used Against You in Criminal Court
- What Are the Stages of Criminal Case
- Dpa as an Effective Criminal Defense Strategy
- Diversion Eligibility as a Criminal Defense Option
- What to Look for in a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Importance of Criminal Defense for Immigrants in D-c
- Five Common Criminal Law Myths Perpetrated on Television
- Our Skilled Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Working Full-time During the Covid 19 Pandemic