Criminal Defense Lawyer in Adelphi, MD
The diverse community of Adelphi is located in Maryland’s Prince George’s County and is home to over 15,000 residents. The area takes its name after the historic Adelphi Mill which was established in 1796. While the mill had been in operation for some time, it wasn’t until after the Second World War that the area experienced a significant population “boom”.
New subdivisions were developed quickly to accommodate the growing demand to reside in the area, and as of the mid-1950s a number of these subdivisions banded together and became known as “Adelphi”.
Adelphi is home to a handful of historic sites, including the Adelphi Mill and Storehouse and Cool Spring Farm (also known as Miller’s House). It is also well known as the place where renowned labor organizer Mary Harris (“Mother”) Jones passed away in 1930. A state highway marker has been erected to commemorate this iconic figure.
Concealed Weapons in Maryland: Do I Need a Permit?
Maryland continues to have some of the most strict gun laws in the country. Before an individual possesses a gun, it’s important for them to understand what their rights and obligations are.
Adults in Maryland may openly carry a gun in public. However, you must also obtain a permit in order to carry a handgun on your person. This includes if you choose to carry it openly or choose to have it be concealed. The same permit is required if you have a handgun on your property (owned or leased).
How Can I Obtain a Permit?
Individuals who qualify for a handgun permit must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Have completed the necessary firearms safety training course
There are further additional rules that may affect an individual’s ability to obtain a permit.
- Those receiving the permit must not have been convicted of a “disqualifying” crime
- The individual must not be a fugitive from justice
- The individual must not be addicted to and a user of a controlled substance (including alcohol)
- The individual must not have committed juvenile crimes that could disqualify him or her from owning a gun
Our Washington, D.C. criminal lawyers have helped people who were suspected or accused of committing:
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Traffic Offenses, such as driving under the influence, or texting and cellphone violations
Out-of-State Permits Are Not Recognized in Adelphi, MD
Another key piece of information that many Americans fail to recognize is that an out of state handgun permit is not recognized in Maryland. This can lead to costly penalties and even prison time.
Contact Our Lotze Mosley, LLP Criminal Defense Law Firm in Adelphi, MD For Free Consultation
Solid legal representation is necessary for anyone charged with a gun crime in Adelphi, MD. If you have been convicted of gun crime, our experienced criminal defense attorneys at Lotze Mosley want to hear from you. Contact us today for a consultation to discuss your case and your rights at (202) 393-0535.
Directions to Washington DC Criminal Attorneys from Adelphi, MD
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 31 mins
Total Est. Distance: 9.3 mi
- Head south on Riggs Rd toward Apache St
- Turn left onto Rock Creek Church Rd NE
- Continue onto Fort Totten Dr NE
- Turn right onto Gallatin St NE
- Turn left onto North Capitol St NE
- Keep left to continue on North Capitol St NW
- Turn right onto E St NW
- Turn left onto 7th St NW
Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
400 7th St NW #202
Washington, DC 20004
We Also Serve The Following Areas: