Do You Need Prominent Theft Lawyers in Washington D.C.?
At Lotze Mosley, LLP, our theft defense attorneys in Washington D.C. have 25 combined years of experience successfully representing clients who have been arrested and charged with criminal larceny. Theft can occur in many capacities, including everything from a stolen wallet or use of a credit card that was left behind by its rightful owner to armed robbery and wire fraud.
Theft is defined as the criminal act of taking another’s property — whether it is a person or a company — without their permission. The charges can range widely and depend on the circumstances surrounding the accusations, and the penalties can be life-changing.
What Are The Different Types Of Theft In Washington D.C.?
Theft is a universal term that is used for unlawful activity throughout the United States, and can involve a single person stealing from their employer by pocketing cash that should have gone into the register or by a group of people whose thievery is conspired, or planned for financial gain.
The most common types of theft include:
- Auto theft
- Credit card fraud
- Cyber theft
- Identity theft
- Illegal check writing
- Personal theft, including stolen wallets or purses
- Receiving stolen property
- Robbery, including armed robbery
- Wire fraud
If you have been charged with a theft crime, it is important to retain an accomplished Washington D.C. theft defense attorney, so you are not facing the prosecutor alone. At Lotze Mosley, LLP, our criminal lawyers will fully outline your legal options, and propose a unique strategy for delivering the best outcome available for your case.
What Factors Contribute To My Theft Charges In Washington D.C.?
Like all criminal charges, the penalties imposed will depend on many factors that will be weighed by the arresting officer, the prosecutor’s office, and the legal statutes surrounding the theft itself.
Those factors can include the:
- Accused’s criminal record
- Evidence obtained at the time of the arrest and submitted by the prosecution
- Financial value of the stolen property or cash amount
- Level of violence involved in the crime, where applicable
- Location of the crime, and whether it is a state or federal offense
- Type of theft, and whether it was a felony or misdemeanor
The prosecutor, judge, and the facts of your case will all play a part in how your defense is designed. Our Washington D.C. theft defense attorneys will discuss each factor with you clearly, so you know the extent of the charges that are waged against you and the penalties that accompany them.
What Are The Potential Consequences of Theft Charges In Washington D.C.?
Once the details of your case have been confirmed, our Washington D.C. theft defense attorneys in Washington D.C. will work tirelessly to keep your case out of a courtroom. First, we will determine whether the arrest was conducted legally and that the prosecutor’s evidence is admissible in court, which can lead to lesser charges. If we are not able to have your case dismissed, or cannot proceed with an agreeable solution with the prosecutor, we will take your case to court with only a victory in mind.
The consequences of criminal theft charges are very serious, and they can alter your entire life if you are convicted. Our prominent Washington D.C. theft defense lawyers are focused on getting your life back on track, not diminishing its quality.
Some of the possible consequences of being convicted of theft charges can include:
- Community service
- House arrest
- Criminal history attached to your permanent record
- Jail time
- Loss of rights
- Job loss
- Inability to pass a background check
Your social standing and reputation in the community is also at stake when you are charged with theft. Allow our office to provide a strategically designed defense that will help you avoid a damaging outcome, so you can move forward with your life.
Contact Our Experienced Theft Criminal Defense Attorneys in Washington D.C. Today
If you have been arrested and are facing theft charges, whether it is your first offense, or if you already have a criminal history, contact our experienced Washington D.C. fraud defense attorneys at Lotze Mosley, LLP at (202) 393-0535 today to understand your rights and the best course of action to counter your legal trouble, so you can look forward and put this charge behind you.
- Understanding Fraud
- Prominent White Collar Crime
- Defective Search Warrant Can Be a Strong Fraud Defense
- In Seafood Fraud Cases, It May Be the DA Who Is Committing the Crime
- Racial Profiling as Credit Card Fraud Defense
- Strong Fraud Defense Leads to Not-Guilty Verdict
- EMV Cards and Credit Card Fraud Defenses
- Company’s Honest Belief May Be Fraud Crime Defense in Securities Fraud Case
- Innocent Parties Being Accused of Credit Card Fraud
- What Are The Defenses For Credit Card Fraud In Washington D.C. And Maryland?
- Prominent White-Collar Crime Defense Attorneys In Washington D.C. And Maryland
- Experienced Embezzlement Lawyers In Washington D.C. And Maryland
- What Are The Penalties For Check Fraud In Washington D.C.?
- Understanding The Differences Between Theft, Robbery, And Burglary