In Need of a Criminal Defense Lawyer In Charles County?
Charles County and its communities are located in the southern portion of the state of Maryland. Named for Charles Calvert, who was the third Baron Baltimore. The county is part of the greater Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area, which includes the cities of Washington, D.C., Arlington, Virginia, and Alexandria, Virginia. Its county seat is La Plata, and its largest city is Waldorf.
Charles County is approximately 643 square miles and is home to roughly 153,000 people. The median resident age is 37 years, which is on trend with the state of Maryland. Charles County and its communities are known as some of the more affluent communities in the state, with a median household income of $93,160 and a poverty level of only 7%. The county includes nearly 57,000 households, and averages just less than 3 persons per household.
Industries and Jobs
Due to its proximity to the Washington, Arlington, and Baltimore areas, Charles County’s economy is lead by the government and military sectors. It is home to the Indian Head Naval Surface Warfare Center, and the county government employs many residents in the area. Additionally, residents of Charles County are employed in the medical and grocery industries, with many national retail chains, such as Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club, Target and Safeway creating jobs.
Like any community in the country, Charles County deals with crimes related to illegal drugs.
Drug Crimes in Charles County
Many communities, particularly in and around urban areas, experience varying levels of drug-related crimes. Legal infractions include possession of illegal drugs, possession with intent to distribute, conspiracy to distribute drugs, distribution of drugs, and possession of any kind of drug paraphernalia.
In Charles County and the areas around Washington, D.C., drug crimes involve drugs like cocaine, heroin, PCP, and MDMA. Recent changes to marijuana laws make possession of marijuana a civil citation depending on the extent. Those charged with felony possession, distribution, or with intent to distribute can face hefty fines and prison sentences of up to 30 years.
Our Charles County, MD criminal lawyers have helped people who were suspected or accused of committing:
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Traffic Offenses, such as driving under the influence, or texting and cellphone violations
Contact Our Lotze Mosley, LLP Criminal Defense Law Firm in Charles County, MD For Free Consultation
If you are dealing with a drug-related problem, you need legal counsel who understands you and your situation and can help you determine the best course of action. Our Criminal Defense Attorney Charles County offers initial consultation on your case.
Directions to Washington DC Criminal Attorneys from Charles County, MD
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Charles County, MD
Total Est. Time: 58 mins
Total Est. Distance: 35.6 mi
- Head north on Rose Ln toward Poorhouse Rd
- Turn left onto Poorhouse Rd
- Turn right onto Ripley Rd
- Turn left onto MD-225 W/Hawthorne Rd
- Continue on MD-210 N. Take I-295 N to 2nd St NW in Washington. Take exit 9 from I-395 N
- Turn right onto MD-210 N
- Continue straight to stay on MD-210 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the I-95 N/I-495 N ramp to Baltimore
- Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-295 N
- Continue onto I-295 N
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit toward Interstate 395/Interstate 695/Downtown
- Continue onto I-695 W
- Take the exit onto I-395 N
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 9 toward 2nd St NW
- Take E St NW to 7th St NW
- Continue onto 2nd St NW
- Turn left onto E St NW
- Turn left onto 7th St NW
Destination will be on the right
We are located at:
400 7th St NW #206
Washington, DC 20004
- What is the Difference Between Criminal Confinement Kidnapping
- Can Text Messages Be Used Against You in Criminal Court
- What Are the Stages of Criminal Case
- Dpa as an Effective Criminal Defense Strategy
- Diversion Eligibility as a Criminal Defense Option
- What to Look for in a Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Importance of Criminal Defense for Immigrants in D-c
- Five Common Criminal Law Myths Perpetrated on Television
- Our Skilled Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Working Full-time During the Covid 19 Pandemic
- The Presumption of Innocence and Its Importance to Your Criminal Defense