In Maryland, all aspects of prostitution are illegal.
- Prostituting oneself, or selling sex acts
- Solicitation, buying, or assignation, as it is called in Maryland
- Pimping, pandering, or human trafficking, as it is now called in Maryland
If you have been arrested on prostitution, solicitation, or human trafficking-related charges in Maryland, our criminal defense attorneys Washington, DC at Lotze Mosley LLP will outline your rights and the potential penalties associated with your charges, which will allow you to understand how the prosecutor plans to proceed with their case against you, so we can challenge their findings with strategic legal solutions.
What Are the Penalties for Prostitution Charges in Maryland?
Prostitution Penalties in Maryland can be either a misdemeanor or a felony and can have serious financial, legal, and personal consequences. Each person’s charges will reflect the nature of the crime, their criminal history, and any extenuating factors associated with sex crimes.
- Misdemeanor charges, including prostitution or solicitation, are subject to up to one year in jail and a fine up to $500.
- Sale of a minor is also a misdemeanor but is punishable by a maximum of five years imprisonment and a fine not exceeding $10,000.
- Receiving the earnings of a prostitute is also a misdemeanor, punishable by up to ten years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.
- Abducting a child under the age of 16 for prostitution is a felony and is punishable by a maximum of 25 years in prison.
Our Washington, D.C. criminal lawyers have helped people who were suspected or accused of committing:
- Drug Crimes
- Gun Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Traffic Offenses, such as driving under the influence
Criminal offenses, including prostitution or solicitation, will have a severe impact on your personal and professional life, and can include ongoing consequences like:
- Community service
- Court Fees
- Heavy fines
- Mental health counseling
- Sexual addiction meetings
Call Our Sex Crimes Attorneys in Washington, D.C.
If you have been arrested on prostitution charges in Washington D.C. or Maryland, contact our experienced Washington, DC sex crimes attorneys at Lotze Mosley, LLP today by calling (202) 393-0535 to discuss your case, so you are prepared for your court date and do not have to face the prosecutor’s office alone.